Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
Is it hard to fry just yolks without breaking them? Sometimes I fry a whole egg and just eat the yolk, but I haven't really tried separating them first. How well do you cook your yolks?

The best way I've discovered to do this is to use 1 whole egg to 2 more yolks. First, I heat up the pan and melt the butter (and lots of it). When the butter sizzles I remove the pan to the counter nearest the sink. I slip in the first whole egg after tapping it in the sink -- not on the edge of the pan. Then I crack the second, let the whites go into the sink (I've stopped collecting them since I can't eat them, I have no chickens, and the pooch began to gain weight when I fed them to her!), and slip the yolk ON TOP of what is now an egg white raft in the pan. Ditto with the second yolk.

By doing it this way, none of the yolks get stuck in the pan or break, and the entire thing slides right out on my plate. I cook them with the cover on over low heat until the white is just set, and the yolks barely cooked. I pour the excess butter over them, eat with a spoon, and 'clean' the plate with a small, thin slice of whole wheat bread slathered with more butter or cream cheese.

Lisa