View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 11:04

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I lost fourteen pounds in the first week. Then put quite a bit of it back on in the second week. I've spent as many weeks not losing weight as I have spent losing. But in the weeks I do lose, I lose on average a bit more that I gain in the other weeks. So over the course of 21 weeks I have lost a total of 50 pounds. In some ways I can notice it, but in many ways it still is not enough weight loss to see or feel a difference.

But, I saw other results much, much quicker. I have not had a migraine since I started. That's pretty good for someone that was averaging one to two per week. I have more energy, I sleep better, I feel better overall, I have hope, I don't have sugar cravings, I feel like I am in control of my eating for the first time in two decades. Believe me - THOSE are results.

But I also realize that being able to call those "results" is coming from a perspective that has been altered and matured through five months of LC'ing. I blew those off when others told me about them when I first started. They weren't important. Losing weight NOW was important. Because I knew from previous experience that unless the weight came of consistently and quickly that I would lose the struggle to avoid abandoning the diet. Fortunately, I discovered and learned that this way of eating solves that problem and so the need to see quick and immediate and continuous results withered on the vine.