Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 10:10

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

When you come to the point where things like salt and mustard are forbidden--if the diet works for a person when it's pure meat alone, but not with zero or extremely low flavourings like these, I don't see what that has to do with zero carb, these things bring little carbohydrate to the table. It could be a palatability thing--but then, people being different, some people should be able to tolerate some condiment, some shouldn't. I do think there's a point to all that--our tongues have glutamate sensors (umami taste) for a reason, and I think that other flavours can sort of weaken the signal by distraction. A friend once cooked me an almost rare steak on the barbecue. We ran out of gas. I ate about half, and was stuffed. The thing was huge. He wouldn't believe me when I said I'd had enough. So he fried it a little on the stove--I had a bite, the yummy advance glycation endproducts from the frying rewoke my appetite. Ate some more, again couldn't finish it. He fried it a bit more--and it became yummier again. I think simple food is a reasonable approach--it's just that there's nothing intrinsically zero carb about it.