#65   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 11:10

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy711
I have about 3-4 cups of black coffee every morning. Five days ago I decided to try a cup of bullet-proof coffee (although I use coconut oil not MCT oil) with 1T each butter and coconut oil blended until frothy. I was on a mini-plateau and I think it got things moving again! Both figuratively and literally, lol -- on today's walk we were 2 miles from home when I really needed to poo BADLY (tmi, sorry!) and thank goodness we were only a few minutes from a park with a bathroom. I totally blame the coconut oil, I cook with it but on an empty stomach with coffee, it may take some getting used to!

Except for this addition of fat in the morning, I am still only eating once a day. I also haven't been getting hungry until 1:30 or 2 as opposed to noon. I want to eventually have my one meal at dinner time with the family, but I think that is a maintenance goal and I'll probably add a CS between 11-1 at that time. But loving the once a day meal right now!

I have heard coconut oil can do that but I was eating up to 3TBSP a day with my lunch and never noticed a difference. I tend to be on the constipated side of things so I wouldn't mind the "poo" effect! LOL Luckily I eat so many veggies I am for the most part normal anyways. Just stick with it and be scientific about it. If you are slowly losing then I would count it as a success. If you keep plateau or gaining then you will have to change something. I can't drink even black decaf outstide of my carb hour or I gain!

MIW