Thread: Is this for me?
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-14, 11:45

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 252/252/168 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Your weightloss is amazing. I can't believe if I switch to this plan i'll get to eat an apple! Believe me it's all I have thought about for about 3 weeks.

As explained i have done Atkins now for 7 weeks and am really nervous about taking carbs in case the weight that I've lost this far piles back on again.

I think I'll introduce carbs to my reward meal very slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Hi,

I think there are more folks doing this on this site, than post in this section, but there are a few of us who post often in the main thread. main cad/calp thread

I have had my starts and stops until I finally got the mindset that I needed to do this for good. I love CALP, I love that I can eat complex carbs once a day and NOT crave. Trust me, I'm a carb addict through and through, but eating the way I do now, allows me to not crave them (and eat them) non-stop, all the time.

I do have one modification that I found after losing 85 pounds and hitting a plateau, I needed - for portion control, I did start tracking calories - setting a daily limit. I don't tell anyone else to do so, just sharing that yes, I do do this. It's a pretty generous daily limit Not talking 1000 cal or 1200 calories per day...lol.

It takes me about 3 days at a minimum of being strictly on plan to get the cravings to quit, and can take up to 2 weeks to get back to feeling my best.

My best on plan is that I enjoy my food (I love to cook and to eat out), and am creative with my meals and like to tinker with recipes, and lose weight.

Enomarb is an amazing resource/person who is now on many years of maintaining her loss using CALP...I invite you to the thread I posted a link to, to see if you feel this is right for you.

best wishes.