View Single Post
  #240   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 10:53
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It's been 28 months since my last CAC scan. It was 28 months between my baseline in 2017 and my first follow-up in 2019. It's time for another follow-up. I saw my PCP today and she wrote the prescription for it (which is required in Virginia). So I hope to get an appointment next week. It will be nice to have that 3rd data point. As I have not changed my diet, supplement regimen or active lifestyle in any significant way this next follow-up will either show that my last score was a fluke or confirm the downward trend. I'm optimistic that the latter will be the result. If not another reduction, a minimal rise would be my second choice.

I had a 54% reduction in calcium between those first 2 scans - 347 to 158. Even though I had the scans done at the same clinic, they had updated to a new machine between my two visits. When I furnished my results to Ivor Cummins, he was quick to ask if my scans were done on the same equipment. So apparently different machines can yield different results. You'd hope that a 50% difference would be beyond the tolerance for error. Anyway, I'm hoping that my next results are on the same scanner so we can put that controversial detail to rest.

BTW: My doctor does not believe that my score went down. She believes that it was a fluke due to some variation in the two machines combined with the accuracy tolerance inherent in these devices. She said "Calcium scores don't go down." Where have I heard that before?

I'll report my results here when I get them (good news or bad).