#98   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 22:44

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah6
Just a note: From what I've learned over the years living in Canada (a country with an Inuit [strike Eskimo] population of which I am familiar) Inuit people have accustomed themselves over many generations to be able to tolerate their strenuous diet. Now they eat more like every one else and few continue to eat raw meat which is much easier to digest than cooked. All animals eat their meals raw. I say, if you are going to eat meat, try eating it freshly killed, still warm, and you'll see that it will digest much better. It’s known that humans ate raw marrow from the bones of animals killed by their predator. This was probably before they learned to kill for themselves with weapons. As an end thought, I’ve haven’t heard of Inuit people being referred to as healthy and long-lived before now.

The more inuit people eat "like everyone else" the worse the general health of the inuit population has got. (and I too am a canadian who is very family with inuit culture, having grown up going to school with and being close friends with many inuit peoples)