View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-22, 16:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Dr Stephen lin a dentist was my intro to k2. His focus was teeth and jaw integrity.

K2 puts calcium into the bone structures. A different job than k1. A different job than D2/D3.

My take away was that we usually get adequate Ca via a good diet but K2 and D3 are lacking. Due to diet and living indoors. A good diet doesn't provide enough of either of these.

Calcium deposition into bone, rather than arteries, is dependant on many cofactors in a long biochemical process, requiring Vit D3 and K2.

We are not a species that converts K1 to K2. We need to eat those animal sources that can do this, it take a pill for. Our body makes 3from D2 when exposure to sunlight is good. Since we live in doors, only a couple populations around the world get enough D3, so again supplementing is required via pills.

Loved Dr Lins book. Great for us common people on keeping our jaws and teeth truly healthy. Diet and chewing matters. ( Starts with breast feeding to expand the palate properly. In cultures that still breast feed, the children don't need braces because the teeth fit into the expanded palate and fit in straight )

My mother added K2 , and after a year got off Fozamax. At 87. She was growing bone.

Just my two cents.