Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 11:42
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
The second breakfast has 14.53 grams protein, 9 grams fiber (assuming 2 bran a crisp crackers) and 16.12 grams fat. Add another cracker and you'd have 16.53 grams protein and 13 grams fiber.
Your second breakfast isn't significantly lower in protein, but is higher in both fiber and fat (yes, carbs too), so it would enter your system more slowly than the first breakfast.
I'd be interested in what happens to your blood sugars when you eat a meal that is low in fiber, fat and protein, but higher in carbs and when you eat a breakfast like the second one, do you ever check your blood sugar at around 3 hours? Because of the fat and fiber in the second breakfast, your blood sugars may be going up well after you have checked.

Hi Lisa:
i never have more than 1 tbs PB, which is 3 grams of fat and greek yougurt is non fat variety, containining 15 g protein and 6 g carbs. as for bran-c-crisp, each has only 2 g fiber, meaning 6 g fiber for 3 crackers.
i try to eat a small meal every 3-4 hours daily and always check before and after, so i wouldn't miss BG raise in 3 hours. this shcedule suites me better, keeping my BG steady. i also count my calories and try to keep it under 1600 a day and keep my fat not greater than 30% since i have more carbs, otherwise, i'm gaining weight. all my meals contain some protein and low in fat but always high fiber with lots of salads, lc veggies and some bran crackers. i alo allow myself few slices of low GI fruit or some berries daily. but again, always with a protein and some fat, like nuts or cheese.
i assume you speak about starchy carbs meaning low fiber and high carbs, liek white bread and such but i didn't eat this kind even before low carbing, so i wouldn't dare. it's just against my philosophy. the only treat containing white sugar i allow myself, is sometimes 1 square of 85% dark chocolate. it has barely 1 g of sugar.
Thanks,
Dina