View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 11:44

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oh, what an adorable little motivator!

The medical establishment is really getting out of hand on this obesity thing if they think she's overeating and overweight. They need to figure out a better way of defining "overweight" than just a standard height/weight chart!

More than half a century ago, my brother doubled his birthweight by the time he was about 3 months old (supposed to be 6 months) and had tripled it by 6 months (supposed to be a year). He was always rock solid, strong, and muscular, with a big bone structure.

He does Atkins too, and has lost a small chunk of weight on it, but he wasn't all that heavy to begin with. (meaning: not morbidly obese like I was at my heaviest) He's still quite muscular, strong and rock solid (now that he's gotten rid of the pudge factor).

The thing is, if mom had been forced to put him on a diet when he was growing unusually rapidly as an infant, instead of being encouraged to feed him as much as he seemed to need, hard to tell what it would have done to him - I can only imagine that he would have been much worse off as far as his weight is concerned.

That's not your daughter's problem though - it doesn't sound like she has a huge appetite. Her length has more than grown to make up for her weight gain, why can't they see these things?