View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 19:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

I'm past the 40's and into the 50's (I'm 51) and can really relate to everything! The crazy TOM (Niagra Falls is right!) . hit at age 40 -- went on until a couple of years ago. Tried a D & C, but it didn't help. Then the skipping a month now and then, now it's been 7 months! Maybe I'm done for good this time.

My hot flashes didn't start until I started skipping TOM. They are AWFUL!!! I sleep with the ceiling fan on -- wake up roasting, throw off the covers, then wake up a while later freezing because I'm laying in damp clothing from the night sweats with no covers and the ceiling fan blowing on me. I get so exhausted because I wake up over and over -- never can sleep through the night.

I used to like hot showers -- now I'm inclined to take cool ones. Sometimes, by the time I'm ready for work, I've had so many hot flashes trying to get ready that I wonder why I even bothered to shower! I can't wear sweaters in the winter any more -- get WAY too hot!!

My mood swings are awful, metabolism non-existent, and I'm really hoping the night sweats and hot flashes stop some time soon. Anyone else out there who's beyond the hot flashes and night sweats? When do they end?