Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 10:12
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmeyster
The great thing is knowing that I can get down to my goal weight, and have the tools to maintain that.

On every "diet" I'd gone on in the past 25 years (including this one) the idea of reaching a normal, healthy weight was not even on the radar. This forum made me pick one, but I never really believed I would see it. My goals were always far more limited. I'd try to lose enough weight to do this or that. Once this or that happened, I couldn't suffer on any longer with the diet. The regain was on.

This time the came on at some point early in the journey. I realized that I had to stop 'going on a diet' and needed to make this how I eat. I found a new path, as you did, then began the journey to figure myself out. I needed to make the "diet" about learning how I need to eat. I became committed to that goal. That was the life changing moment. I too realized that I would make it to the goal I had set on this forum. I knew it. That was a big moment and I'd never experienced that before. As far as I'm concerned, that was the day that I reached goal. That is when this journey became a success story. I still weighed 365 pounds. I wasn't at goal by anyone else's standards. But that gray matter between my ears finally had the answer and I was committed to making it happen. Reaching a healthy weight became a forgone conclusion. I wish I could put all that in a bottle pass it on to others. It seems to be such an elusive state of mind to find. Freedom from the addictive pull of junky carbs is what you get from this new path. You don't look back and long for the good old days of eating junk. You see those days for what they are. The good days are today. But unfortunately that is hard to see from the other side. Dieting the wrong way - the way that never works - is so strongly engrained. Dieting that way keeps you hooked.

I look forward to watching you take this WOE all the way home. Rock on, Kat.