Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 19:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%
Default one last question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
I take 4,000 IU of vitamin D during the summer and I live in Washington, DC!!! I don't feel "normal" otherwise. So no, there is no detriment to taking 4,000 IU of vitamin D year round. Many experts recommend taking 1,000-2,000 IUs during the summer and upping that during winter months.

More importantly, correcting a vitamin D deficiency requires at least 3 months of megadosing in vitamin D, 7,000-14,000 IU per day depending on relevent factors, to correct deficiency symptoms, i.e., IBS, digestion problems, hypertension, BS, bone and muscle weakness, etc, etc, etc.

If you really want to get your BS under control do get the gymnema sylvestre. It actually heals and regenerates the pancreas beta cells which produces insulin.

ACV--That was way too little water to take with the ACV. No wonder you had that reaction!!! Please do not use a "sweetener" with it. Just have it in more water--like 16 ounces of it.

Your calcium and magnesium look good. You don't have to increase it though you could up the magnesium to around 900 mg if you wanted.

Vitamin C--What you're taking isn't anywhere near enough to clean your gut and promote healing. I suggest 6,000-12,000 mg a day for the same three months that you're megadosing with vitamin D.

Digestion--I recommend Peptidase Complete digestive enzymes before meals.

The vitamin C, need it be Ester C or will the standard lot of C be fine? I found some 1000 mg pills and thought they'd be fine in order to avoid taking a daily dose of 24 of the ones I use now.

And the vitamin D, need it be in oil form, or will tablets be fine, as long as it is from Cholecalciferol......(and why is it so hard to find without being in a compound like I already take?? I know my friends at R&K Health, over the river in Marinette, will have some)

Thanks again!