Old Sat, Jan-02-10, 13:14

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
I guess I'm just scratching my head

Jimmy's had such great success and has been such an inspiration getting the LC gospel out there, I guess I just want to shout--dude, go back and read the book--climb that carb ladder and ditch all frankenfoods and faux products!

I'm just puzzeled...that's all.

That's what I get for being bored and thinking I'll entertain myself with a couple of blogs.

Lisa

I have listened to almost every podcast interview Jimmy has done and really appreciate what he has done for the LC community, but I will not apologize for his poor choices.

This very subject has been discussed ad nauseum in an over 800 page thread at ZIOH. It was very interesting and I ended up reading over 500 pages myself. I learned more about what Jimmy eats and how he responds to attacks on his menu than any person who has a life should probably know.

The consensus there is basically that Jimmy is addicted to "Sweet." And he gets most of this satisfied in the form of the frankenfood goodies that he gets for free and promotes in order to make his living.

The theory is that the "sweet" taste from artificial sweeteners actually causes some people to release insulin, which in turn causes the body to store fat-just like glucose.

Another is that he does not eat enough calories for a man his size/build and this "starvation" is causing more cravings and wrecking havoc on his metabolism.

And then there is just plain ole carb creep.

I do not like that he repeatedly says that sugar has not touched his lips in years- bc it is not true. For example, in his menus he was eating a lot of whipped cream from a spray can that had HFCS as one of the first ingredients, and one time he said there were no LC desserts to choose from so he just decided to order the cheesecake.

One thing is for sure-he is going to have to implement some changes and do something different than what he has been doing in order to reverse his weight gain, and I certainly wish him all the luck in the world.