View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-10, 11:41
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I've only read his blog just a few times, but I have to say one thing that I really like about Jimmy Moore - and it's his willingness to try new things, being willing to interview all kinds of people. He seems to have an open mind about all kinds of variations on the low-carb theme. I get the feeling he is trying to bring all kinds of interesting things to his readers.

And guess what else? And this, to me, is the true sign of eventual success - he is willing to fail. This is a relatively new concept for me, but I came across an article written by Martha Beck, about how failing is winning.

Here's a little quote:

Quote:
I've noticed that the primary difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that the successful people fail more. If you see failure as a monster stalking you, or one that has already ruined your life, take another look. That monster can become a benevolent teacher, opening your mind to successes you cannot now imagine. ~ Martha Beck, in her article, "The Woman Who Fell to Earth" in Oprah Magazine

from: http://www.oprah.com/article/omagaz...ag_200712_mbeck

I can't really speak to the advertising or what have you, because I don't read the blog all that often, but I admire people who are making mistakes, who are able to talk about them and through them - then go back to the drawing board, and just plain stick around. In my opinion, there is a whole lot of learning in these 'failures'. I also happen to like people who have an open mind about other people's plans, even if that particular plan doesn't work for everyone.

That said, I would have to agree that losing/limiting frankenfoods on *any* low-carb plan at all will help a great deal. I think that everyone has their own way of eventually getting to this point.