View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 14:03

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default My you have a pretty face, but...

I was always in shape and did not start gaining weight until I was 27 after my first child. I was always around 125-130. My husband and I went through some marital problems and I ate for comfort and stopped working out. I gained 70 lbs. Well its 10 years later and I am still hauling it around, thinking in my head for most of the 10 years that I did not look bad.
Over the past few years I keep hearing from family members (5 sisters!) oh you used to look so good when you were first married, you have such a pretty face, look what marriage has done to you, etc...
Well that only fuels the fire.
I also work for a real male chauvinist _ _ _ ! He makes comments all the time about my weight. Last year I asked him why I am not part of this trip that the managers take every year out west on business (mostly men) and he said- maybe next year if you drop 50 lbs. I was so hurt. I could have brought him up on a harassment suit. But , boy how much would that have helped me get ahead.
Anyway, I still work for this _ _ _ , and he still makes comments about me, and everyone else in the office (including names about his petite little wife at home) I have come to the conclusion that he has to live with his sorry self the rest of his life. I on the other hand will lose my extra baggage one pound at a time, and I will show him when I wear a size 6 suit by next fall !!!
We are how we see ourselves. I had lost my self esteem over the past 10 years because of comments people made. I no longer think that way. No person has the right to belittle another for any reason at all.
Sponsored Links