View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-11, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/GI
Stats: 235/212.7/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

I had my first knee replacement in April, and my dogs have been very, uh, encouraging -- okay, demanding! -- to me to walk, but I suspect their motives weren't necessarily for my benefit. I've found what has helped the recovery the most is regular exercise on my recumbent bike (very good and gentle on aging joints) and modified squats for my quads before I go to bed at night. Eating better also helps overall, and there's no doubt that shedding some of these extra pounds will help a lot. My second knee probably should be replaced too, but it doesn't bother me anymore, probably due to the more consistent exercise. BTY, I'll be 67 in a couple of weeks: the "hardware" is wearing out, but the "software" seems to be okay, except for rare senior moments.

The food pyramid drives me nuts! It's a one size fits all, and as most of us know, we are all so different. For me, the food pyramid is upside down. It's enlightening to learn the history of the food pyramid, which does a good job of debunking it. Okay, I've had my rant now.