Old Thu, Nov-17-11, 09:54
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareli
I rarely eat out anymore -- can't remember when I had fast food -- but when I do eat out, it's very easy to find acceptable meals. I routinely get together once a month with friends for breakfast, and we found that most restaurants had the usual egg dishes but nearly always with a side of bread and potatoes. We finally found a local restaurant that also offers fresh fruit, so I'll order an omelette and fresh fruit. Yum!

I have come to finally realize and accept that I have a problem following a restrictive plan for any length of time, so I've morphed from lower carb to an easy combination of Rob Thompson's Glycemic Load Diet and Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique (new version of former Core). What this means is I, for the most part, stay away from white things (flour, sugar, and usually potatoes although occasionally I'll have a small portion of potatoes without guilt) and processed foods. There's lots of flexibility, and I find I'm satisfied with eating less.

judynyc, how inspiring what you've lost and that you've been able to maintain the loss. You're a role model!

Thanks!
I think that the key to long term maintenance is to find a way to eat that you are truly satisifed with and will stick to. I too, had to eliminate white flour foods from my food plan. They are truly evil for me. And yet, once in while I will have a bite or two but thats it!
I don't have much trouble having a bit of sugar once in a while...but white flour! uhoh!!