Old Tue, Jan-10-06, 12:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Baingan Bharta

OMG Jas !

you look gorgeous in those pics...and so very happy.STAY that way-ALWAYS

Jas, the baingan bharta that we make is kinda modified to lower the carb content. I now broil an eggplant (you could cook it on direct flame or BBQ it too)till the cover is slightly crisp-peel it off and mash the pulp.saute onions and tomatoes in a wok with some red chilli powder and salt and add the pulp to it.cook for 3-4 mins and it's ready.Onions are high on carbs so dont use more than 1/2 (medium size).Originally this recipe is made with lots of onions and tomatoes and little pulp- but we now do a reverse !The indian food cooked at home is pretty different than what you get in restaurants.Home cooked food is light, less oily and more nutritious.Therefore you might find a taste variation when you cook the same food at home.

Cabbage ,mushrooms,spinach are low on carbs too, so you could try adding them to your diet.

Regarding fish recipes-Anu would be the right person to tell us abt those - i usually bake mine. Just put a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice on Salmon and bake it for 15-18 mins once cooked add lemon pepper on top and eat !

Here's a link you could use for simple Indian recipes- www.ruchiskitchen.com

Jas , i feel for me it's important to follow one particular diet. It gets easier when things are formatted for me. If i had to devise a diet for myself , i'd go nuts thinking how much protien, Fat or no fat...breads,sugar-how much ? etc...

Anyways , that's just me !

Will catch with you later- right now i'm gonna make some eggs for myself-My tummy's growlingggg........B'bye