View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:16

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I sounded a bit inibriated yesterday and it was on 2 small glasses of champagne. See, I don't drink normally - very occasionally and I just can't handle it very well at all.

Anyway, went back and read this thread and noticed Tracy's reply - yikes! So happy you had a CO detector! Thank the Lord you are all fine. That was a run of expenses! Our deep freeze (which is full of food) just packed up, so I can relate a little.

Littletexas (can't go back and check your name, or I'll lose this post) - glad you had an easy time of it at the buffet. Yes, water weight can sure mask weight loss. Measure, write down your measurements - measure everywhere, waist above navel and below, calves, upper arms, chest, even above chest under arms, and anywhere else you think you could possibly lose some inches. Keep the piece of paper and measuring tape together. The days that one is afraid to weigh or the scale is being unkind - measure. You'll be happy to see that the measurements don't really change much. It is just a scale weight and others will still see you the same way. Neat, hey?!

Selfcare, I just can't see that Splenda is a problem, but you can get DaVinci sugar free syrups made with Splenda. I really don't agree with the Hellers on this one, because if there is any insulin response to a tiny bit of Splenda in coffee or tea at breakfast, it is very little indeed - however, I would skip caffeine and Splenda between meals and keep any Splenda or sugar desserts for the main meal. For me, sugar is a real trigger to want more and more and then to deviate and want bread and more bready items, so Splenda is truly a good alternative for me at RM usually, but I will occasionally have DaVinci in decaf. tea or coffee. I cannot stand the licorice taste of Stevia or some of the other sweeteners out there, but YMMV.

All the best in making your decision Anleigh. You can mix and match the plans easily.

It's another beautiful day. Bye. Catch you all later!