View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:00

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Chris..

I'm wondering if perhaps you're not getting enough calories. Now I'm no expert on this plan beings that I've only been doing this about 3-4 weeks myself, but, it does seem like you might not be getting in enough veggies in the lunch time. Breakfast you don't HAVE to.. at least according to the book.. heck, you can have JUST coffee if you choose. I try to really chow down on those veggies at lunch and dinner whenever possible. If you don't like some things.. it will be harder.

The Cauliflower "pancakes" are like potatoe pancakes made with cauliflower instead. I got the post in this forum.. (I think!) but it's simple:

I use 1/2 head of cauliflower because I like these so much I make extra for lunch or dinner the next day.

Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is tender and drain it well. I do this first before I even start cooking the rest of my dinner so they drain very very well. Then mash them to the consistency you like. Add 1 egg, salt and pepper and stir them until the egg is incorporated well. Heat up a frying pan and add some butter (about 2 tbsp.) and let that melt. (I melt the butter in the microwave sometimes but mostly in the pan on medium) Then I turn the heat up to med high (about 7). Take a large spoonful and dollup it onto the hot frying pan and flatten it out slightly so that it will cook evenly. Now is the hard part... you must wait.
They taste great with a nice golden brown color. Flipping them is impossible if you don't wait until it is fully browned on one side. This takes about 3-4 minutes (depending on your heat and how much attention you can give them) Flip them (I try one out to see if it's ready) and do the same to the other side. I eat them with a little bit of sour cream.

Great substitute for a potatoe to go with steak or roast.

Don't give up.. we're here for you!
Lisa