View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-13, 08:06
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

I do not buy into Dr. Ozs resistance carbs. All he is doing is trying to give hope to those who do not wish to transform their diet to what they need to eat for them to be healthy.

I think the proof is in the pudding per sea. I am a type 2 diabetic. When I was insulin resistant initially I was following what modern medicine and diet industry said about carbs. 45-60 grams of carbs meal. I could have fruits/vegatables just had to watch the amounts. I could have a snack as long as it wasn't greater than 15 carbs. Tried juvinia, metformin, byetta, and even wellabutrin(BTW that was a huge mistake permanent side effects)

It really didn't work for me. I could never eat an apple (one of the lower forms of fruit carbs) with out regretting it within an hour. I be hungry and what I call hollow. Like a ghost of a person. My blood sugar spiked.

Same with whole wheat breads.

They even said I could eat pasta if I did whole grain and kept it to a half of cup.

I started measuring my BG on stuff that they said I could eat. realized they were full of wrong information for me.

So, I cut cereal whole grain and oatmeal. Then, I cut out all fruit. Next, I cut out all Pasta. Then I cut out all bread. Then I cut out desserts(which admittedly was harder ). And so forth. I was down to Rice, and what people term starchy veggies, some green vegetables, tomatos, beans, peanut butter, and nuts.

And through this whole time cutting out all forms of soda including diet. I now only drink water 24 hours a day.

After all that, I was still finding my BG was on bad days after 2 hrs in the 200s. On good days it was 140. Waking up with FBG of 140-180

roughly 2.5 weeks on a LC Dr. Bernteins plan(6 carbs morning,12 carb lunch,12 carb dinner). I woke up today with my lowest FBG yet 99.

My early conclusion is LC is a good plan for insulin resistant (metabolic syndrome), Type 1& type 2 diabetics who literally have trouble with their body's using carbs.

But others who possibility don't have an insulin resistance problem or are not diabetic. It might not be so good for them or they might need to limit but not as drastically as I do.

I know in 3 months I will make my Dr appointment and get my blood work and it will be outstanding. I plan on buying a copy of Dr. Bernstein's book and giving it to my Dr.

And tell her next time you recommend fat surgery (gastro by pass) maybe you should actually research more like I did and work with the patient to figure out what works for them. you know before you suggest drastic surgery that rearrange the innards of your patients.

It is tough to remember that your Dr. has a license to "practice" medicine. Notice it uses the word practice.

We are own best Drs when it comes to our general health. If we pay attention to our bodies and realize when things affect it in a bad or good way.