#7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 01:47

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
The first thing I would ask you is...when you began adding back carbs did you follow the carb ladder or add in carbs willy nilly at YOUR preference?

We see this time and time again--individuals who stay on induction levels of carbs thru out their entire journey and then when they have either reached goal or are close to goal--they start to add in carbs and panic because they may see a weight gain.

My advice would be to dust off your copy of Atkins, find the chapter on OWL and the carb ladder and follow it. SLOWLY. That way you will be able to determine those foods that are triggers and what your CCL and CCM is.

You may also be pleasantly surprised and find that your weight does continue to drop and not at the expense of staying at induction levels of carbs. Many people find that by adding in the right carbs they have a new found momentum in their weight loss.

You may want to check out this thread to get you started.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=409812

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

PS--congratulations on your 80 pound loss!

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the above!!! Add in unprocessed, natural foods per the carb ladder SLOWLY. Specific foods may not work for you. My triggers for weight gain and cravings include Greek yogurt, cottage cheese (actually any dairy in large amounts), cherries and Maltitol (though not unprocessed or natural ). I can eat most other fruits, most veggies (including potatoes in small amounts), and even rice and beans and tortilla chips in small amounts. But I added all non-induction foods slowly, one at a time, over time. It's a pain, but in the long run it's the only way to ensure you actually know what <you> can eat to maintain....because we are all individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
My advice? Steer clear of the frankenfoods! I'm sure you're probably not sensitive to REAL food carbs such as veggies, fruit, etc., just those that are processed rubbish.

Remember, just because it's got 'Atkins' on the label, doesn't mean that it's any good for us:

Agreed again. I find that most processed foods cause me problems. I can't do bars and I can't do low carb store bought ice cream, for instance. I look at the ingredient list and if it's more than a couple of items long I don't even bother reading the ingredients because those types of foods normally cause weight gain and/or cravings. It's not JUST about the number of carbs. You have to take into account the ingredients as well. Stinks, but it is what it is.