#56   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 09:18

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
I don't mind at all - and happily replied there, but as people are discussing their food choices in this thread, I thought this should also be replicated here.
===========

Because I haven't had bone marrow for about six months and have only had liver once in the last five weeks - and have lost 3 pounds without them just fine. In fact, other than egg yolks (which I always ate) I'm not eating any of Dr. K's recommended foods -- except of course for the cream and butter, etc. which I also always ate.

But I'm not on this new WOE to eat 'optimally' according to Dr. K. I'm eating this way because despite my learning that I'm one of the people who cannot process high protein while eating a high fat diet, I'm not willing to give up LC. Now I don't have to. But nor do I have to eat K's favorite foods to lose weight and be very, very healthy. Slim and healthy using his ratio and my foods - that's good enough for me.

Absolutely positively true. No argument from me there, and I hope I didn't give that impression. I just don't want to eat most of what's on his list, and what I want to convey to anyone reading this is that they don't have to either in order to stay healthy and lose weight. Maybe this Americanized version isn't the real K deal - but if I had a nickle for every variation and tweak of an LC 'diet' of one kind or another -- that works nicely for many people -- I'd be rich!

Deal!

Lisa

Lisa... isn't it possible, as you mentioned in 2 different threads on the first day, that this Optimal Diet when followed according to the original instructions is not merely a high pork & dairy fat diet, but that more importantly, it is extremely LOW fructose --- and therefore, people who are 'tweaking' the plan to their liking must be certain to make LOW fructose, LOW fructan choices when they change things?