#55   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 09:12

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter

O.M.G. -- as I wrote that I just thought of the Yacon syrup I ordered that's sitting on the counter. I bet if I poured a little into melted butter I could coat the popcorn and make caramelized popcorn balls! Okay... project for tomorrow. I've been wanting to play around with the Yacon anyway.

For those who aren't familiar with it - google. It's an incredible all-natural LC sweetener from the Peruvian Yacon root that is very, very healthy for you. A prebiotic that helps you absorb more calcium from your food, and a lot of other good things. Tastes a little like maple syrup but is really unique in taste. And is very heat stable, too.

Lisa

Lisa, prebiotics are all filled with FRUCTANS, and should not be consumed by persons attempting to be LOW fructose, much less anyone attempting to be fructose free.

I'm trying to find acidophilus/bifidus capsules which aren't poisoned with FOS, which is pure fructan and will bring my symptoms back fast.

I'm also hoping to compile a list of spices & herbs which I can use - as I can no longer eat onions or garlic.