#104   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-09, 00:34

Plan: moderate carb
Stats: 300/209/154 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty

It would really be helpful and greatly appreciated if for a while, everyone would post their daily menus to give us floundering folks a clue.

I've been following Dr. K's plan for the last 11 days and tracking my menus (see link in signature) daily.

Yes, it's been somewhat difficult, especially the first couple days, to keep the protein low but it seems like I've found my sweet spot with it. The trick for me (thanks to Lisa's suggestion) is to keep my protein fairly low for my breakfast and that leaves me more for later in the day. One of my favorite breakfasts right now is 1/2 container of Greek Yogurt (100gms), 50-100gms unsweetened frozen raspberries, 1 Splenda & 50gms mascarpone.

I also find that coconut milk and coconut oil really help me boost my fat up without having much of a protein/carb hit. We have 5.6 oz coconut milk cans here so one can per day, in 3 cups of tea spread through out the day really add up in both calories and fat grams. (You could use cream too - I don't because it causes heartburn for me.)

Oh, and something I've started doing, which I don't really LIKE doing but am doing in the name of science and conformity (!) is to weigh and measure. It takes just a second to plop my meat onto the scale and get a true weight (in grams) to record. I think too many of us estimate what we are eating and although that works for many many people, those of us that are struggling to get the scale moving MAY need to take stronger measures. At least temporarily.

So, although I don't like measuring and weighing everything that I put in my mouth, I am doing it. I still have 50 pounds to lose (have lost 90 already but have basically been at a stall for months now) - am I willing to do whatever it takes to get the scale moving? You betcha. The thought that keeps going through my mind is "How bad do you want it?" Dang it.....I want it bad and I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

In the spirit of full disclosure - I must also say that in the last 10-11 days, I have NOT dropped any scale weight. Now, I work out pretty strongly twice a week doing Slow Burn strength training, and just yesterday I started using the 6th hole on my belt instead of the 5th hole PLUS I 'feel' like my fat is less fluffy so I do think that I am losing fat - it's just that the random number generator hasn't confirmed it. My thought is that I need to give this plan more than a couple weeks to see if its going to work for me or not. ANd, perhaps I'll still need to tweak things - but in the meantime, it's working out quite well and I'm excited to have another option to try and I'm grateful that you are all here!