Thread: Bicycling..
View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 17:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Well, I couldn't bike to work (since I work at home LOL) but I did bike to the bank - does that count?? Unfortunately, the girl at the drive-up window was snippy to me and told me not to bike through there again - nice huh?

The task for this weekend - teaching my 9 year old how to use LOOK pedals/cleats. He's used toe clips on the track, but never clipless. I may have white hair until this is done, but he wants to ride with me on the road for longer rides. My brother's cycling friends donated most of the parts for the bike, so I only had to spend $200 and my kid gets a functional road bike read to roll.

Sen, thanks a million for the warning about the hard hair clip!! I have long hair and always have it clipped/tied back with something - guess I'll be sticking with the crunchies for now.

I love Giants! When I was looking for a road bike, the Giant compact road frames fit better than other brands women-specific designs, but the clincher was how nice the guy at our local shop was - totally awesome. The poor fellow had the task of teaching clumsy me to use clipless pedals - I am not very coordinated and there was a huge learning curve.

Lucky daughter of yours - those TCRs are gorgeous (and pricey). My son is just starting to race on the track this year - but luckily our velodrome provides free instruction and track bikes in the beginning, so other than the gas to get there, we've spent very little.