View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 16:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm so impressed with your accomplishment! I think 50 pounds weight gained is a small price for sobriety. I wonder if the Carbohydrate Addicts diet would work best with your idea of eating only once a day? I did it years ago with good results, but my memory is a little hazy. You can go on the specific board for that group here - but the general idea is that for one one-hour period a day you can eat a big salad, and then "sort of" whatever you want. As in, you aren't supposed to have a giant cheesecake or a bag of chips for dinner, but you can eat a normal meal, no quantity restrictions. The actual plan calls for very low carb breakfast and lunch, but one of the original authors (Rachel Heller) actually hit upon this accidentally by only eating once a day. I know that's a pretty general overview, but I lost 40 pounds years ago by LITERALLY fasting all day and then eating whatever the heck I felt like for an hour. I didn't even follow the salad rule, or try to limit junk food. Does that sound like a doable way to at least start?