View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 11:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 276/276/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Howdy,
All of us has been there,done that,and bought the tee-shirt.
I was being ornery the other day.My Mom I know means well.BUT
she is always saying,if you would lose weight you would feel better you would be happier,ect... Well she wanted something to drink so I stopped at a Texaco,These to very nice young men were in front of me. They both opened the doors,Well I popped off that I didn't belive I was not that wide that I needed both doors open.They were embarrassed,I was sorry as soon as the moment the words left my mouth.I then praised the fact that very few men opened doors for women and that they have just shown chivalry was not dead and Thanked them profusly.They seemed to be pleased with that.
What I'm trying to say is I was trying to make myself feel better after all the nonsense I had listen to from my mom.I'm more careful about the things I say since then.
Not all people or mean. There is always someone out there that is willing to make others suffer to make themselves feel better.This year with my son who has now turned ten hurt me with calling me fatty mom.I explained to him how bad that hurt and that I had not raised him to say things like that about people.As a ten year old he said but it is true you are fat.I told him I was disappointed in him,that there are something that people should not say because it would hurt peoples feelings.
It must have sunk in because,he made friends with a little boy who is overweight.The other kids was calling him names,Kevin took up for him.He didn't want to see his friend cry.Now Kevin is careful about what he says to other people.Because he has seen how hurtful it can be.I do belive it is the parents responsibility to teach their kids.
Sorry so long winded.Keep it up everyone you have been a wonderful inspiration to me.
Robi