Thread: Whey Protein
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-11, 23:39

Plan: My own version of lo carb
Stats: 266/174.6/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 95%

eggs from free ranging chickens are by far a superior protein source - and if you have time for them in the morning the best whole food source.

I use a pea/rice/cranberry protein powder as it is easier on the digestive system than whey, and it scores 100% on the amino acid profile. Since dairy is inflammatory I wasn't sure how whey protein plays a role in that - or is it so unlike dairy that it no longer contains lactose? I wasn't sure, but decided to avoid it doing a bit more research. My choices obviously worked as I lost 85 lbs in 8 mo - and have mainted, and am not longer pre type II diabetic.

My chiropractor and I discussed protein powders before I started using them - as I needed something fast and convenient in the morning for breakfast. Interestingly, he said he tested 44 popular brands of protein shakes and found heavy trace metals in all but 2. These were well known brands, too. I highly recommend doing your own diligence and confirming with the company of the brand you consider to ensure it is free of trace metals, GMO (genetically modified ingredients), etc.

My nephew is paleo and he consumes three chicken breasts and steamed broccoli for breakfast, but it certainly isn't me!