A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
You are doing really great, Jo!

There is a guy on FB, his name is Tony and he calls himself the anti-Jared.
He lost over 200 lbs about 1 yr or 2 ago and started writing a blog and working out. He was religious about it all. He is now posting his blog on the Huff Post. He writes about all sorts of things which is great for him. But he took his eye off his gift. He freely admitted that he stopped getting on the scale and that he was overeating. He didn't come out and say just how much he regained but it seems like its about 40-50 lbs. He's working it back down now.
That's why I think that not getting on the scale, when in maintenance, is a big mistake. I've had to restrict myself so much because of my recent gains that I took myself out of the weekly weigh in. If I had not been weighing, I would've had more to lose than I do now. I've lost 3 lbs in the past week and am happy with that.

Thanks for the kind words, Judy!!

Wow poor Tony ~ hope he gets/got his mojo back!

It is so ingrained to weigh myself every day that I do ~ except when I went on vacation back in June. I didn't pack my scale and I'm leery of using someone else's since it's probably not calibrated like mine. I only weigh on my scale and my doc's and on her scale I'm 3 lbs lighter than what I weigh at home.

But I watched like a hawk everything I ate, even weighed the food at restaurants with my trusty food scale when we went out to eat and logged it all in my Food Log. I wasn't going to let a little vacation interfere with all the hard work and dedication I had put in to get where I was so I ate 100% clean ~ easy pea-sy! (is that even a word?)

For me, it's no longer about the food... food is just something to nourish my body.