View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 07:03

Plan: adkins
Stats: 125/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:

hey guys, just so you know i have been on aldactone for a year. i have heard by very good doctors that anything less than 75mg per day does not seem effective. however, everybody is different and reacts different so some people will see results on only 25mg. also, yasmin is the BEST birth control pill to be on. the progestin that is in it is a spironolactone-like agent. meaning it does the same thing. so yasmin is the best for women with PCOS. Also if you are taking Yasmin you do not need to be on as high of dosage with the spiro because it is in the yasmin. yasmin is equivilent to 25mg per day of spiro. so you could be on 75mg a day of spiro and yasmin and really you would be on 100 mg a day of spiro. i was on both 100mg a day and found it was too drying and i was too thirsty. so i dropped to 75mg a day and took yasmin. my suggestion to all is if you are going to be on birth contol pills for irregular periods and hirsutism or acne that yasmin is the one to go on. also make sure if you are on spiro also to get potassium checked within the first month of taking it. hope this is helpful!