View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 15:14

Plan: F. A.
Stats: 343/136/140 Female 66
BF:Dunno (or care)
Progress: 102%

Yes, it looks like it is just you and me. I am sorry so many people leave. Please hang in there. People have no idea how hard it is to stay on a food plan- - not a diet - a food plan, for years and years and years. It has been a long time for me. I started in July 2007 at 343, and in 1 year and 10 months (May 2009) I reached my goal of 140. It was a grand and glorious time, my fondest lifetime dream was fulfilled. People who had known me for years did not recognize me. I was a local sensation. But then I reached goal and the next day happened....

I used to "go on" diets. I always lost weight. Then I would "go off" my diet. I guess I thought that I would reach a magic number and then I could eat whatever I wanted. I would begin planning how I would celebrate the end of my diet on the day I started it. And I would always gain it all back and then some.

But that was years ago. Now none of my co-workers, neighbors, fellow church members, and many of my family have never seen me fat. The social pressure is on. I am this old, skinny woman who seems radical to them because I won't eat their birthday cake.

I HONESTLY have no problem overeating in my own house. I live alone and there is nothing there to tempt me.

But I go out. In the past week I had a graduation, a reception for a girl who is going on a mission (church) and yesterday my great grandson's birthday. These are the good things of life and I WANT to go! But that is when I have difficulty. The people who love me most are the ones tempting me with food that I cannot eat. Oh, how many times I have tried moderation!

This forum helps me connect, to know that I am not the only one with these problems. Most of the low-carbers forum is from the people who are losing weight. That is good. I lost weight - and I assume you will, too. But, oh, the issues of keeping it off! Please hang in there!