Old Sat, May-30-09, 21:29
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
I thought it was only me who had these Woe is Me moments! I think why can't I just eat______? But then I realize that I'm broken and that by eating this way I'm happy and healthy and there is no need for me to eat ________.

The other thing is that I look around at the office staff where I work. Believe it or not, but I'm the smallest person in the office. I often times get harrassed about not eating bread, chips, candy etc. I've pretty much put it down to jealousy and I try to ignore it, but there are a few people who almost make it personal. The thing is all of those ladies eat out every single day for lunch. Believe me they do not order small menu items either.
Barb

I have decided that I won't think of myself as "broken", as you put it Barb. There are people who can eat all the processed grain and sugar that they want and not have a weight issue...I've got a friend like that. I see it as her genetic makeup is diffferent than mine..not that I'm broken.

Being harrassed be catty women who don't get it?....ugh...I'm sorry that they are so nasty to you and not supportive. Its not like you are preaching to them to not eat all that crap!! But on some level, they know that they shouldn't be eating it either and by you not eating it with them, points this out to them.....too bad for them!
Peer pressure, especially around women, can be very difficult to deal with.
They'll get sick when they get older and you'll be a healthy woman.