Thread: Halo Ice Cream?
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 11:33

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

MickiSue -- yeah, I agree with you.... but his thinking is a little different. He's still like an alcoholic who thinks he can have just one drink once a week. We'll see, I suppose....

We have a blood glucose meter, so I guess we'll see if he can handle something like 1/2 cup once a week.... without spiking bg OR developing an appetite for more. (Kind of like me with wine -- I am not having any trouble only having a glass once every couple of weeks when we go out somewhere.) So he can hold me to my wine limit of a glass or two every couple of weeks, and I can (try to) hold him to his ice cream limit.

A little treat like that might keep him motivated -- but i AM worried about the slippery slope. He likes to think that "moderation" will work and I keep saying "look where it's gotten you thus far." Hopefully, we can look at the evidence (of blood glucose and act accordingly). The difference between us is that I LOVE this WOE and the control it has given me, and I still feel that, even though he likes the food we've been eating and loves his 57 (so far) pound weight loss, in a perfect world, he wants ice cream.

When I tried to have wine at home, I had some every day and it interfered with ongoing weight loss. So I had to banish it from the house and only have a glass on rare occasions. He may be the same with ice cream. I guess we will try and see.