View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:26
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%
Default Girls Only~ Do you believe hormones contributed to your weight gain?

I noticed the answers from a lot of women in the "Why are you Fat?" thread mention puberty, the pill and other hormone related issues contributed to weight gain. I have believed this for years and read some articles about estrogen dominance and weight gain be related. However, trying to get your doctor to believe you and treat you is another issue. I suggested to my OBGYN that I felt like my hormone levels were out of wack, that I had done some research and could he test them to see. His barely paid attention to my question/concern and said that they don't have tests just for hormone levels. I think he felt like I was looking for an excuse for being overweight, something that would take the responsibility out of my hands. I was disappointed because I thought he was more open minded as he writes for the www.webmd.com site, where I did some of my research.

So the question is, do any of you ladies believe that part of your weight loss challenge or initial weight gain is due to hormone levels?
Sponsored Links