View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-11-10, 12:17

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I eat a meat with every meal & sometimes that is the snack. I do eat a lot of veggies & like them better than fruit. But I also eat a lot of fruit. Pineapple is my friend!! In the summer I eat more fruit. In the winter it is mostly pineapple, apples, pears, apricots and raisins. Winter is 2 to 3 servings of fruit a day. Summer it might be like 5 or 6 servings of fruit a day. That is also because I am in the South with over 100 degree days often, or like this summer almost every day. Fruit is easier & more appealing than cooking.

I eat a lot of kale (raw & cooked), broccoli, carrots, jicama and cabbage with the occasional sweet potato.

I gave up high fructose corn syrup a few years ago. I only drink water. a rare treat might be 100% welch's grape juice diluted with water. I am having a problem with nuts now, so they are out. I also have given up bananas. I just feel off when I eat a banana.

I think what you eat within the Paleo range depends on your genes, your blood type & your lifestyle.
jeanne