View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 23:26

Plan: none
Stats: 185/185/155
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello Fellow Vegetarians -- A Rambling Hello

I posted this just now under another thread, but figure I'll also start a new thread with it.

I guess I'm new here, though I posted a few questions earlier this year and then vanished. Anyway I'm back (and with a much snazzier computer). I'm vegetarian for moral reasons and I'll never eat fish, chicken or meat again. (I do dairy though, I'm not vegan). I'm 5' 10" and tonight weigh just over 185, so I don't think I'm terribly obese. But I do need to lose weight, I'd like to get to 165. I've been lazy, that's my problem, but I've started to be a little more active, taking long bike rides and walks. I think most of us are looking for the magic diet that requires no exercise but we have to know that exercise is a big key. When I was in the best shape of my life, after losing about 30 pounds, I was walking everyday, doing 15-20 minutes of exercises at home everynight. And I had cut out all junk food, all fast food. I do want to learn more about the low-carb, high-protein diet but I know that success will only come if I get off my ass occasionally and excercise. Not a really informative post I know, but its now 1 a.m. and I better start thinking about sleep. I'll keep an eye on this forum and add anything I can think of. Anyway, nice meeting you fellow veggies looking to lose weight like me. Ain't it a bitch?
Sponsored Links