#96   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 09:02

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
I don't agree that my weight loss this past year, and ending the plateau I was on is simply due to lower calories. A calorie is not a calorie! It very much matters what I'm eating each meal. I find calp principles to be the way to eat, and will happily do so the rest of my life.
I expect maintenance on calp to go fairly smoothly.

Best wishes with what you've chosen to move on to.

Patricia nice to see you are still following me and my experiences. You are one of many who have been doing this long term who do keep close track and cut calories! I have been on every CAD and CALP board (except facebook) that I could find on the internet for 18 months straight and followed many people doing it longer than me. Many I don't even know their names but you'd remember Teri. Even Teri got very detailed in her caloric intake logs and I know another gal who is now at 108 pounds (starting from 130) and she is doing CALP by calorie restriction.

If you don't believe me then do higher calorie version of what you are doing as see if you notice the same progress. I am not saying this other than to be truly scientific about it and if you don't think it has to do with your calories then prove me wrong and up your calories and see what happens.

That is all I am pointing out. I do think the balance and linking of protein with carbs works- but only to a degree. It does work great for hunger control and cutting out empty calories. I found that out myself here as for a time I was able to up my calories to the 3000-4000 range and even with IF it worked but only for short term like 6 weeks. It is not sustainable in terms of being able to lose weight UNLESS calories are cut.

MIW