View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 09:37
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Actually a good slice of cheese is about an ounce-so I allowed myself 3-4 slices a day on induction. Just look at the package and it should tell you. One ounce = about 28 g, and sometimes the serving size is in grams on those packages.

Speghetti squash is a vegetable that has a speghetti like interior that you scoop out and use like pasta. I hear it is very tasty. There are some pretty low carb sauces out there-Classico Brand is around 7 g for 1/2 cup and I usually use 1/4 cup on top of things.

As far as beverages are concerned-I never gave up my coffee and it seems to be OK-I do count the coffee carbs though-I input my coffee consumption in fitday, so that I don't over do it. You need to drink your water-but they have come out with flavored waters, sweetened with Splenda-Fruit2O is one. Juices are a definite no no. Wine should not be consumed on induction if you go the Atkins route-mainly because your body will burn the alcohol before it burns fat, so you might be slowing your weight loss down.