View Single Post
  #127   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 17:46

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Donald I just wanted to say thanks for posting this recipe. It's unbelievable. I made a batch as an experiment (using pepperoni at the bottom of a 9x13) and loved it like crazy.

So, wanting something to freeze, I made a triple batch, but because I added stuff to the eggy mixture it became a quadruple batch. So, still using pepperoni at bottom, I made it in a muffin pan, in a mini-loaf pan, and in a texas muffin pan, and in a pie pan, as well. (I wanted diff amounts of carb/protein I could choose depending on how my day was going.)

I like it best with diced veggies and shrooms mixed inside the eggy mixture as to me, it makes it a little more solid and less just-eggy.

On the last (pie pan) batch, I put lots of jalapenos and red pepper flakes in it and on it, and fried some (already-cooked) chicken in pepperoni oil for the top, along with cilantro, for a spicy southwest version.

On one batch, I forgot the tomato/italian sauce until later and ended up drizzling it over the toppings. Came out great anyway!

On the last batch, I forgot the tomato sauce altogether, and used jack cheese instead of mozz (and lots of it), and I was about to despair being such an airhead, but it still tastes SO awesome!

I can't boil eggs without messing it up in some way. This is obviously a recipe that just can't be killed!

Other than this sneaking neurosis that the taste alone could throw me out of Ketosis -- how can anything that helps you lose weight taste so good?! -- I'm enjoying this like crazy.

My nearly-7 year old also thinks it's awesome, and I keep some in the fridge she can microwave if she gets the munchies for something other than all her fruits.

The only problem I'm having is NOT eating it three times a day.

PJ