Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/147.4/125 Male 160cm
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumih_81
Hi Tristan,

welcome to this grp of atkins-doers....

you mentioned abt the intake of carbs...........well probably u have not totally understood from reading the atkins book. basically carbs when taken into the body converts to glucose. and this will actually turn into body fats....thats my impression. so logically if u limit ur carb intake, less glucose means less new body fats. so ur body will have to take out body fats which have been stored for a long time to burn.

I knew that carbs will be converts to glucose, and if we don't used up the glucose, it will turn into fat. but something should apply for protein and fat, whatever excess protein and fat that we consumed will eventually store up as fat. so the point is: if we eat more than we use, we will gain weight. If we eat less than we use, we will loss weight.

so if i take in 300 grams of carbs with only 500 calories per day and keep my overall calories intake to 2000 calories, i should not gain weight (coz normal person will spend at least 2000 calories per day).

of course, it's really difficult to count ur carbs together with calories intake.

but pls dont go according to ur weighing machine, go by ur waist inches...or try a tight clothing now and then to gauge. if u exercise as well, u know that it creates more muscle mass and makes u heavier.

hehe... i really slimed down. no doubt about it... both from weighing machine and waist inches. thanks to LC diet.
My question, I am finding it particularly diff to follow strictly an atkins diet in long run. I can resist rice, noodle etc. but the sauce/gravy for chicken chop? the crispy skin of fried chicken?

# its a very good qn... my own experience tells me that i shld not be keeping too strict that i binge.....sometimes allow urself to........reward urself. but do keep in mind not to go overboard. personally i allow gravy, chicken skin (dont be afraid of animal fat).

I have been in and out of atkins (i duly admit) since 1998. the best times were the first few years that i shed 20kg purely on dieting without exercise. but that time it was too spartan for me...i practically have to note every single meal intake. of course the downside of relaxing is that u dont achieve the target very fast... but i am now happy with a steady weight loss though turtle slow.

i just had a case of feedback from my colleagues that i have been eating too much fatty meat and fats....but well i am not afraid of taking it coz i knew i lost 20kg on that and my health was turning for better... they were telling me actually if i go on lean meat it will compliment my regular exercises of gym joggings. anyway, i just tell myself take everything in moderate amts....esp in front of other pple hahaha.

personally my weaknesses will be potatoes, fruit juices, chocolates and crossiants with nice whiffs of butter.

now i hate kuehs...........coz i cant imagine the whole chunk being refined carbohydrates.

my advice for u is that, imagine a food pyramid. place vegetables at the lowest and widest segment, followed by meats in the middle....and of course carbs on the top segment. most impt is to take in more veges....coz at least when u feel a case of carb-blues, veges can help to curb....fruits also but they contain more sugar. and esp for females, losing fats could mean irregular menses at times.........tats quite scary for me.

haha... my weakness is on chocolates and fruits.... and sometime i can't say no when my gf suddenly wanna cook me a dinner - she likes spagetthi!