Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 265/246/185 Male 71 inhes
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I'm not crazy about "clean, natural, organic" or even "quality." Not that these aren't good traits, I don't think they're sufficient to arrive at a good diet. A friend yesterday told me a story where she was working with Mohawk children, telling them that if they used maple syrup in place of sugar, they wouldn't get diabetes. Clean, natural, organic, high-quality maple syrup. I told her if they were going to get diabetes with the sugar, replacing it with maple syrup would just give them all-natural diabetes.

I've seen "organic, non-gmo" cotton candy in the health food store. That just shouldn't happen unless there are hidden cameras or something.

Organic spinach might be better than "conventional" spinach. Probably it's more important that I eat my spinach than that it be organic. Organic sweet-potato french fries made with virgin coconut oil? The "organic" and "virgin" aspects might make a difference, but I think it's probably a minor difference compared to macro and micronutrient considerations. Of course that can come under "quality" but there's the question of which qualities matter enough to make a difference. The only way I could afford to eat organic, all natural, grass-fed etc. is to sacrifice other qualities that I think have a much stronger and obvious effect in improving my health.

My personal favorite is when people tell me they won't eat this or that because it has "chemicals" in it