View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 13:56

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 167/147/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Ice Cream (vanilla, banana, mint-chocolate)

This makes wonderfully smooth, very flavourful ice cream.

Level One
Pro/Fat
Makes ~8 half cup servings.

2 1/2 C cream
1/2 C sugarfree vanilla syrup
2/3 C fructose (do NOT use Splenda or it will harden like a rock)
2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 eggs (or use Egg Beater equiv. to avoid using raw eggs)

*for banana ice cream, use only 1/2 tbsp vanilla, and add 1 1/2 tbsp banana extract
*for mint-chocolate, use only 1/2 tbsp vanilla, and add 1 1/2 tbsp peppermint extract, and some small chunks of your favorite SF chocolate. You can also add a few drops of green food coloring if you want it to look like real mint ice cream.

I just mix it all in a bowl and put it in my ice cream maker. If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can apparently make ice cream using Ziploc bags and ice. I've never tried it, but several people say it works quite well. My ice cream maker takes about 20 minutes so I'm not sure the 5 minutes shown below will be quite enough but give it a try and just keep shaking until it thickens to ice cream. It may need to be frozen for a couple of hours in a container afterwards to harden more. Otherwise it's fairly soft ice cream. Even with my ice cream maker I do that.

Ziploc Ice Cream:
1. Add above ingredients to a small ziploc bag (might only fit half at at time).
2. Close and place small bag in a gallon size ziplock. Then fill the large bag with ice cubes and approx 12 tbls of salt (I just dump a bunch in) (so surrounding the small bag with the ice cream ingredients).
3. Close large bag and begin to shake/turn bag for 5 minutes. Ta Da - ice cream!