View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-18, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/carb cycle/IF
Stats: 226/213/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Here's my latest, and I believe final, weight loss program. I'm 73, so weight loss for me, at my age, is going to be slow no matter what. I began following Wheat Belly 10-day detox on 11/1/17. Stripped down, it's basically lower carb, no more than 15 grams of net carbs per meal (or 6-hour period), along with absolutely no grains (wheat, oatmeal, corn, rice, etc.). Weight loss was not particularly noticeable, but I felt better and my clothes were looser fitting, so clearly changes were underway.

In January I decided to kickstart weight loss and went very strict low carb (Jonny Bowden's New You in 22 program) for 3 weeks. Lost 8 pounds and clearly had moved from burning sugar to burning fat (slept wonderfully, no longer hungry and no cravings, and no longer wanted to nap mid afternoon).

Since then I've returned to Wheat Belly for a few days, then lower carb for a few days, and alternating around. I have one high-carb meal perhaps every 4 to 10 days, but don't really have an urge to eat that stuff. It's designed to sorta keep your metabolism guessing.

Overall, weight loss has settled into about 1/2 lb per week, sometimes less, sometimes more. I'm very comfortable with this way of eating (WOE), am enjoying the food (yes, even some managed amounts of fruit), and this is easily maintained long-term. We'll see where I am a year from now.