View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-18, 01:11

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I didn't go for full-on induction at first either. My way of getting started was to keep eating what I was already eating, but not buy anymore of it so I would eventually run out of things. That gave me a few weeks to look around and learn about what foods work best when going LC. So my transition was quite gradual over a number of weeks; I can imagine that if I was actually tracking my carbs over that time I'd have been working my way down in a similar fashion to what you're doing now. Having said that, my intention was always to end up going as LC as I could sustain; I just wanted to avoid going "cold turkey", as it were.

You may eventually find that you'll need to get your carbs quite low before you start to see any weight loss, which is why many people recommend an induction-type period or similar to really give you a kickstart. But as long as you decide that you can sustain that carb level you need to lose the weight - whatever that turns out to be for you - I don't really see a problem here.

Good luck to you.