View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 00:26
Registered Member

Plan: Zone?
Stats: 175/150/145 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

I have a new opinion on this subject. Been playing around with salt. It seems that the Merck Veterinary Manual has high chloride (Salt), as a treatment for Candida in chickens.

A lot of junk food is high in carbs and high in salt (french fries, chips, etc...). Theoretically, if you cut out the french fries and chips, etc..., you could get a "Halide deficiency", specifically Chloride and possibly Iodide as well.

Insufficient Chloride leads to insufficient HCl in the Gut, leading to overgrowth of standard flora and fauna. Then possibly IBS. Then perhaps this stuff gets in the blood.
Had some success with the IBS using plain salt. Played around with doseage... went up to a tablespoon... had a 7 pound weight fluctuation in one day... doseage was excessive.

Changed to Morton's Light Salt (NaCl, KCl). It doesn't cause the weight fluctuation/water retension. I think the Potassium content is a bit too high in this particular salt; the 30% Potassium salts are probably better for maintaing a proper Sodium/potassium ratio for the heart.

Note: Nutritional studies in cows say 10 grams Salt per Liter of water is ok, more is bad.
Note2: Japanese seem to eat 12 grams of Salt per day and live longer(5 years) and are healthier than Americans.
Note3: a Tablespoon is 18 grams or so... and was excessive; I'm thinking a teaspoon in the morning/evening is about 8 grams... and should be safe.
Had success with Providone/Borax (simulating Frio Mouthwash) on a tounge fungus; looked like a "black hairy tongue" for a month on this therapy, but it is no longer a white fungating wound, like it was for a year. Like chlorhexadine, Providone seems to turn teeth yellow... which is basically faster plaque buildup (which can be removed by a dentist or fingernails).
Trying Dermapet for hair yeast/dandruff.