View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-09, 21:32

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%
Default Met a neighbor with CFS

Today we went up to the in-laws house because a neighbor had some kittens to give away and my mother-in-law wanted to let our kids pick them out. My wife and I made it up there after the kids were done, but we stopped to visit with the neighbor.

In the course of conversation, she told us that she had CFS and lots of allergies, including food allergies. We told her a bit about our situation (I have a lot of allergies and sensitivities, and we both eat high-fat, no grains). We recommended a few things - coconut oil, which she already has but hasn't tried yet, ghee, which I brought to her later, sauerkraut, bone broth, and meat in general. She said that local honey really helps her. I told her I eat a lot of liver and she asked "doesn't that have all the toxins in it?" so we spent a little while explaining all the misinformation going around about meat and vegetables.

She asked if we could recommend a book, but although I've gotten help from several different books, I didn't have any one in particular I could recommend. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I asked her a few times what she was eating and she basically said "I don't eat." I told her how Intermittent Fasting helped me, but I emphasized that when I eat, I eat a lot.

She said she saw an accupuncturist she called "Dr. Devi" on the west coast who gave her "muscle tests" that sounded like kinesiology. The doctor told her she was "allergic to everything life-sustaining." I told her I found out my problems just by experimenting, but she seemed to want to find a doctor who could give her the "muscle tests" instead. I hope she gets over that.

My wife has known this woman since she was a kid. Now the woman is an elderly "cat lady." She takes good care of her cats, but she has no one around to help her. I know what a difference it made to me, having my wife tell me how I was reacting to different foods. It really helps to have another person's perspective.

I'm planning to send her a jar of my sauerkraut when my mother-in-law comes to see our kids on Tuesday. I don't know very much about CFS. Does anyone here have tips for this woman?
Sponsored Links