#7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-12, 15:05
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Good article, Demi!

It makes good points and I've felt all those feelings after losing 120 lbs.

Not fear of vulnerability for me but fear of other stuff when the weight was gone. Expectations from others came into play. Now that I was no longer morbidly obese, all my excuses about how my weight got in the way of my life were gone...oops!

I had huge fears of gaining it all back. So much so that I put things into place to help me not allow it to happen. Weekly weighin anyone?

Quote:
Losing weight isn't easy. It takes a lot of planning, change, physical exertion, and emotional healing. You've got to put yourself first and change your lifestyle, what you eat, your exercise routine, and your emotions. If we don't deal with the emotional aspect of losing weight, we simply exchange one emotional issue for another.

No, it isn't easy....and being morbidly obese isn't easy either. I wouldn't trade one moment of the time it took me to lose it. I learned a lot along my journey. I'm still dealing with the emotional impact of the loss 6 years later. oy....
I had to estrange myself from my only relative as she is just too jealous and competitive with me for it to not be toxic to me. She'd love to see me fail! This makes me very sad but it had to happen.