#69   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-16, 13:03

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
From my long experience with exercise videos, not to mention weight loss gurus, I venture to say that very few of those leaders and promoters have ever been obese at any time in their lives. Most of these people either began their careers as fitness professionals, or gained a few pounds in midlife and came up with a system to fix their changing physiology. Not much of it applies to the problem of obesity in the larger (pardon the expression) sense.

Hence we get the overwhelming popular culture of "eat less, move more" and crazy unsustainable diets. We also get that hopeless statistic that "less than 5% of people who lose weight keep it off."

Too simple. You're never going to make any money with a plan like that!

I have noticed that a lot of weight loss gurus were thin most of their lives, gained a crapload of weight due to weird life circumstances and felt really awful but that's not how a lot of larger people have lived their lives. I have lost and mostly maintained a good deal of weight over the time I've been on this list, but I don't expect to ever be below what I weighed at 18. That's a deeper thing going on. Maybe I'm just the one that's supposed to be fat LOL? Because there are always some who are predispositioned to that.